In a nutshell the VBA is a nod to those blogs that you enjoy reading and would like to tell the readers of your blog about. It's really nice to have been nominated, of course I look at the stats to see how many people are reading about my evening meals but that's not why I'm doing it. I started writing just to see if I could.
I'd already been posting my meal plans on Twitter and Facebook so blogging felt like the right next step. The one snag is my inability to spell and my poor grasp of grammar. I scraped through my English GCSE's by rewriting several essays. And only just managed to pull together the minimum word count for my dissertation at Uni. I read and talk a lot but writing has always been a barrier.
Luckily Z is very encouraging and is always willing to proof read before I publish. Tonight's menu would be a mess, littered with triping errors and smelling mistakes without her.
Back to the award. The VBA comes with a set of conditions which are:
- You have to display the award with pride on your blog.
- You have to thank those who nominated you.
- You have to disclose seven random facts about yourself.
- You have to nominate fifteen blogs to pass the nomination on to.
You have to display the award with pride on your blog.
You have to thank those who nominated you.
Thank you Clare, author of Feast and Glory.
You have to disclose seven random facts about yourself.
1. My first pet was a goldfish called Addlington (won at Addlington Fair)
2. My current favourite cheese is Stilton
3. I own, but cannot play, a Flying-V Ukelele
4. I am Treasurer for Beeston Festival
5. I achieved Level 5 BAGA proficiency award for Gymnastics
6. I prefer Rugby Union to Rugby League
7. I have never loved Elvis
You have to nominate fifteen blogs to pass the nomination on to.
I've struggled with this I'm afraid to say. I don't read that many blogs regularly and I don't want to trawl the internet and pass the award onto blogs that I wouldn't actually read, never mind like. So I have decided to cheat and just pass the VBA onto the following blogs, ones that I read and enjoy, for now;
Food and biscuits
How not to do a food blog
How to be a dad
I don't just make soup
Project photo doodle
South Leeds life
The space between panels
I will keep the remaining nominations and update the list as soon as possible.