Friday 20 January 2012

Friday Night take-away - Chicken Jalfrezi

I'm nothing if not true to my word.  This is why, on a Friday afternoon, after a long week at work, I have packed the family into the car and driven the 210 miles from Leeds to Bristol.  My mission is to repay a gambling debt to Mr S before he gets the mob involved.

Mr S is a Reading FC fan and earlier this season I suggested that the outcome of the Leeds vs. Reading match at Elland Road should result in one of us buying the other a curry.  What could I lose*.  Reading had never beaten Leeds at Elland Road in the League and we (Leeds) were on a nice winning streak.

Unfortunately Simon Church decided to score after only two minutes of the game and I sat through the next 92 minutes hoping that Leeds could save my poppadoms.  They didn't.  That was 17 December and this is the first opportunity I have had to repay the debt.

The deal was to buy the victor a curry so there is no cooking tonight.  The take-away chosen by Mr S was Radhuni in Fishponds.  Reassuringly the menu opens with the words "we prepare our ingredients and cook our dishes the finest traditional way." Which is good to know.


We ordered enough for four including; some great onion bhajis, chicken jalfrezi, lamb achari, king prawn rahundi and chicken kashmiri.  With good friends, the conversation should feel like it hasn't stopped since you last saw them, no matter how long ago that was.  It's fair to say we have some really good friends in Bristol.


*a curry

No comments:

Post a Comment