Friday 1 June 2012

Falafels

It turns out that I'm not the only person in this house who is up for a food challenge.  Z has rediscovered her cookery mojo, after being the head chef at home for the last month or so and she decided that she wanted to stretch her culinary muscles.  We'd eaten packet falafels a while back and really enjoyed them, but we'd never made them from scratch.  The challenge was on.


Z found a recipe in the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook and set about her task.  I was surprised by the inclusion of dried apricots and I had to double check that they were in the finished patties but Z assures me that she followed the recipe to the letter.  The only variation was the addition of ground coriander as Z felt that the mixture would be a bit spice light.  Having cooked the Falafel, Z then knocked up a tomato and feta Mediterranean salad.  I chipped in with some shop bought stuffed vine leaves and pita bread.

I'm told that making the falafel was no chore at all, in fact Z turned the whole event into a messy play activity with the boy manning the pulse button on the blender.  I doubt we'll be buying any packets of mixture or ready made falafels any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment