Friday 22 June 2012

Toulouse Sausages with Sauteed Potatoes

I know I keep going on about Leeds Market and how we should all shop locally.  I know that I keep having a go at supermarkets for one reason or another.  I also know, that despite my best intentions, there are some things that I cannot buy locally, that my closest supermarkets sell.  I actually shop at two different supermarkets, depending on what is on the shopping list, as there are some items that are only sold by one of them and some by the other*. 

A few weeks ago I happened to be in a particular supermarket; one that used to have a J and still has an apostrophie, and I spotted a special offer on their Taste the Difference sausages.  I'm rather partial to a banger as one in eighteen blog posts will testify to.  These were Toulouse inspired pork sausages with bacon, garlic, parsley and red wine all starring in the ingredient list.  We'd had them before and enjoyed them so into the basket they went.


During the colder months there is seldom any decision to be made for what to have with sausages.  It's either mash or they are cooked in a stew.  Given the raging heat of summer** I decided some sautéed potatoes and a side salad would be a more fitting meal, and it was.

*my life is a giddy rollercoster ride at times!
**I know, it's been rubbish this year hasn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment