Wednesday 6 June 2012

Beef and Chorizo Stew

Well, the long weekend is over and Wednesday has turned into Monday, complete with the back to work blues.   As I'm still working late shifts, I decided to crack on with some cooking this morning, so that Z wouldn't have too much on her hands at the end of the day.  I had grand plans but only so many hours.

Using the remains of the roast beef from the weekend and rummaging around in the fridge, I came up with the wherewithal to make a beef and chorizo stew.  This was going to be the filling for a Spanish inspired cottage pie, with a saffron mashed potato top but I ran out of time before going to work.


In the end Z boiled some potatoes and reheated the stew in time for me to get home from work.  It wasn't quite the meal that I imagined but it was tasty never the less.  With a little more time and working with fresh ingredients, I will come back to the Spanish Cottage Pie one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment