Sunday 22 April 2012

Risotto

If you have been paying attention you will have noticed that we eat risotto quite often.  In fact, I'm surprised that this is only the 5th time that I've cooked risotto since November.  To me it is one of the greatest comfort foods around.  It's the oozy creaminess that gets me every time.  That and the fact that you can put anything into a risotto, the only limitations are your imagination.


I didn't have to use too much imagination as the ingredients suggested themselves.  We had half a cob of sweet corn and the end of our mange tout mountain in the fridge, both of which were in danger of not being eaten.  These were added towards the end of the cooking time.  I also fried off some smoked, streaky bacon to add a salty crunch to the dish*.


*not all garnishes are herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment