Tuesday 10 April 2012

Pasta with Rabbit Ragu

I have noticed, while spending copious hours with my nose in cookery books, an Italian idea of cooking two meals at the same time.  This isn't just a clever use of leftovers but recipes that are designed so that you'll make too much for one sitting and have the remainder another day.

A good example of this is braised oxtail in white wine.  The meat is served on day one and the sauce is served with pasta the second day.  With this frugal way of cooking in mind I deliberately made sure that there was too much sauce in Sunday's Rabbit Casserole.


As well as some of the sauce from the casserole I also reserved the saddle of the rabbit which I've now shredded and mixed through.  As the sauce was very rich I have let it down with some of the pasta cooking water and added a handful of fresh parsley.  With two decent meals out of one rabbit we'll be buying bunny more often.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Whenever I make an Italian style stew I love it more the second time round when I serve it up with pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I do with lamb shanks too!

    ReplyDelete