Wednesday 11 April 2012

Moules Mariniere

I don't know how things work in your house but in ours the birthday boy or girl gets to choose the evening meal.  They also get to put their feet up and stay away from the stove.  The usual birthday meal consists of a huge steak and too big a portion of chips.


Tonight it's my birthday and I fancied a change.  I love mussels and don't eat them anywhere near often enough.  It was with this in mind that Z journeyed to Leeds Market.  She returned home with a couple of kilos of the biggest mussels I have ever seen.  She was a bit wary of cooking them as she had never cooked mussels before but I assured her everything would be ok.


As I suspected the mussels were perfect and the creamy white wine sauce was perfect.  Not all traditions were broken as we did have chips but what are moules without frites?  For an extra birthday treat Z made a couple of rhubarb and apple crumbles, my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment