Thursday 26 April 2012

Chicken Stir-Fry

Another late night at the office has meant that Z is at the stove again.  I honestly think that she's enjoying all of this cooking.  I tend to dominate in the kitchen.  It's not that I am any better at cooking than she is, or that I have any particular mastery of cooking techniques.  It's just I find that after a day at work cooking a meal helps me to unwind so I crack on with the kitchen chores while Z busies herself around the house.


By the time I got home from work this evening, Z had prepared a cracking stir fry of chicken and vegetables.  Chicken, peppers, carrot, red onion, garlic and pickled ginger were all fried together.  Soy and garlic oyster sauce were then added before the whole lot was served with noodles.  Z also managed to make four pints of chicken stock to put in the freezer, such was her excitement at being let loose in the kitchen.  Perhaps, I should back away from the stove more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment