Wednesday 29 February 2012

Fish Pie

It was at about 11 o'clock this morning that I realised that Z and I had, once again, managed not to discuss our evening meal.  Rather than contact her directly I told the world of twitter, or at least that part of it that chooses to follow me.

The responses and suggestions that I received were varied to say the least.  Slow cooked Chinese beef stew and spaghetti and meatballs stood out as worthy meals but I knew the answer had to lie at home.  I eventually made contact with Z and got the ball rolling.

She found, in our second freezer*, a decent sized portion of leftover fish pie.  It would have made a great meal for one but it wasn't quite enough for two.  Armed with this knowledge I went shopping on my way home from town.


I managed to find some cod to add body to the pie and some nice looking tender stem broccoli.  Unfortunately the broccoli was imported from Kenya.  Sometimes you have to be a bit flexible with your standards but I'd rather not see food go to waste after it has travelled so far.

*we all have two freezers, right? I don't think we could function without our second freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment