Tuesday 17 July 2012

Paella

My Mum arrived today for a week's holiday.  She has come to see R, not me or Z, but I'm happy with that.  As she only arrived this afternoon, I didn't want to spend the night tied to the stove, so I decided the one pan wonder Paella was the way forward.


Once R was tucked up in bed I cracked on with some judicious chopping.  Onions, garlic, peppers, carrots, chorizo and turkey breast were all fried before rice, white wine and stock were added to the pan.  This was then left to simmer until the rice had absorbed all of the stock and was cooked through.  All that was left to do was to stir through some fresh parsley and serve.

As with most dishes, I am 100% certain that the way I cook paella is not authentic, but it works and it tastes good, so I'll keep doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment